Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Guys

Yes that's what you need, I have an ididit column with auto shifter in my wagon, I had to put a spacer under the top column mount to the dash so that the part of the column that swivels with the shifter about 1/4-3/16" thick would clear the bottom of the instrument pod. second thing is I used the lokar adjustable gearbox linkage to connect the autobox to the column it works but I am not happy with it as the movement is not smooth. so I am now pondering weather to use the lokar cable set up
just the cost that's playing on my mind at the moment.

Cheers Ian:uk:

·
Vendor
1,225 Posts
Hi Guys

Yes that's what you need, I have an ididit column with auto shifter in my wagon, I had to put a spacer under the top column mount to the dash so that the part of the column that swivels with the shifter about 1/4-3/16" thick would clear the bottom of the instrument pod. second thing is I used the lokar adjustable gearbox linkage to connect the autobox to the column it works but I am not happy with it as the movement is not smooth. so I am now pondering weather to use the lokar cable set up
just the cost that's playing on my mind at the moment.

I have the Lokar cable shift kit with a Ididit column shift column in my 52 Chev pickup. It works OK but it has pretty high effort to shift it. I think the kit with rod and heim ends works just as good at 1/3 the cost.
Tim

·
Registered
264 Posts
HI GUys

Tim, I dunno mate, I am just not happy with the lokar rod/heim setup I find it hard work and not positive at all, when you shift it can shift (the lever)straight through a gear. for example There is no way I could shift manually on the strip, if I wanted to shift from 1st to 2nd it would more likely miss 2nd and shift to 3rd that's how notchy the shifter movement is.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Column shift linkage

Has anyone tried the Kugel Komponents Column Shift Linkage? It has a very good reputation with the street rod guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts