Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
13,715 Posts
Looks like 1966 Nova (non SS) trunk trim with modern day SS emblems added.

Bob

·
Registered
281 Posts
I believe the 66 trim is taller and has the trunk key indent. This trim was on the car when I got it. I’m waiting on the SS repops to become available. The SS badge is from the camaro doner car I used for the LS3.

·
13,715 Posts
I believe the 66 trim is taller and has the trunk key indent. This trim was on the car when I got it. I’m waiting on the SS repops to become available. The SS badge is from the camaro doner car I used for the LS3.
From your profile, I assume the car in the picture above is your 1967 Nova SS.
The trunk trim on the car is not from a 1967 Chevy II. It appears to be 1966 Nova non SS sport coupe or sedan.

Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is a modified non SS 66 model. The non SS 67's were cast with little squares thru out the middle and the Chevy emblem in the center is different and smaller. Sorry no picture
Is there any hope of a 67 SS to be reproduced in NEAR future?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the 66 trunk indent was different than the 67. I have searched for pictures of this trim but can’t find it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sure would like to replace the trim above with a SS model
(along with a lot of others) Ha HA
Looks like no hope in near future for replacement

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks that’s the picture I’ve been looking for. Why does the 66 ss trim have a notch for the truck key. Is it just taller with the same trunk indention as the 67? I added the SS badge on mine as a joke since I can’t get the SS trim piece.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pic. Now I see, the 66-67 have the same trunk indention. Only the 66 SS trim is taller.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I like the way it looks, I may have to do something like that. The repops have been listed for 4 years now on Classic, I emailed OER and they said maybe the end of the year.

·
Registered
990 Posts
They are already on the market. I saw one at the mini nats that Chevy II Only (aka GM CLassics) brought. Try calling them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts