Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
1,308 Posts
That shape for Novas is 1972 or later. The cover pattern is close to 1973 - 74 Nova, but not exact. Could be out of another GM X Body vehicle. Regardless, yes they have value do not discard them. Value wise I would say easily $250 - $300. Having the tracks is a big bonus, people like to lose those. If they turn out to be a sought after and / or one year only seat, price would probably be north of $500.

Can the seat back be adjusted both to the front and back, or just folded front?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I had a pair much worse than that and sold them 10 years ago for $300. They are easy to sell. I'm sure someone here on the site could use them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
For reference, this is a set fresh from getting covers put on. I stole them for about $100 about 6 years ago with ripped cloth covers but good foam.

The guy that recovered them said he routinely sees fair condition high back go for $500.

The foam shape looks the same, but the pattern looks like it might be Pontiac or maybe Camaro?
Check the restoration sites like Classic Industries and Ground up for covers that look like that.
I'm thinking '70-'74.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That shape for Novas is 1972 or later. The cover pattern is close to 1973 - 74 Nova, but not exact. Could be out of another GM X Body vehicle. Regardless, yes they have value do not discard them. Value wise I would say easily $250 - $300. Having the tracks is a big bonus, people like to lose those. If they turn out to be a sought after and / or one year only seat, price would probably be north of $500.

Can the seat back be adjusted both to the front and back, or just folded front?
Thanks for the intel. The seats will fold forward, but not backwards. There is a release mechanism on the side of each seat to allow it to fold forward.

·
Vendor
1,308 Posts
I do not know exactly when GM went to reclining seats, but I think them not reclining places them in the '70s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts