Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,453 Posts
Hi there , and I think you are correct - about the under dash fire wall area . I will look tommorrow & take you a picture - I'm thinking that you will re-use those screws, again.
I'm thinking they are around the bottom of the steering column area - I'll look around .

jim

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ = Kevin , that was where I was thinking ; holding that plastic cover on.
Then, I did not think about the 'upper rear seat cushion' bolts. But, I would think that those bolts (picture in post # 1 ) - are those bolts long enough ; too go thru the seat mount wire . ?

Now I may have to go look around .

thanks , jim

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
novaAl - bingo , I looked yesterday , and saw another plastic cover at the bottom of my steering col - and, it had bolts there ; but with smaller washers.
But, your pic in post # 6 , I think is correct (and is located under the other covers that hold my rubber floor mat down against the toe board area @ the str col ).

Check out the larger holes in that column clamp plate - that was / is for adjustment (some) ; for aligning the str. col. too the "rag joint - column - and str box" ; kinda like so you don't
have the rag joint = 'in a bind' .

I may still go and look -

Thanks for your picture . Plus - those same bolts "could" be used for the rear seat upper cushion (at the bottom) .

jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts