Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,

It seems like a long time ago that I picked up this Nova! Unfortunately I'm not getting any younger and I haven't found the time to do anything with it. I don't have to sell but it'd be nice to have the shop space back so I've been considering selling it.

The car is a 1970 SS 396 / 350hp (L34) Options include TH400, Power disc brakes, power steering, bucket seats, console with gauges, tach in the dash etc.

Body wise, it needs at least quarter skins and probably outer wheelhouses on both sides, and the trunk drop off on the PS. PS door and both fenders have bubbles that could probably be fixed with patch panels. I do have a nice used OE DS fender that goes with it. Underside of the car appears to have been undercoated early on, so it pretty nice. I've only noticed two areas needing repair - one quarter sized spot near the PS upper shock mount reinforcement plate, and a small spot where the toeboard and floor pan meet on the drivers side. It was originally Forest Green (48) per the trim tag.

The previous owner immediately before me went through the motor and when I bought it he claimed less than 10k miles. Its is a 396, unknown if original to car (block has been decked, no numbers, haven't looked hard for casting numbers and dates). Internals contain Ross pistons, Jessel valvetrain, and a mechanical roller cam. Intake is an Edelbrock with a BG Holley. The TH400 was supposed to have been freshened up, and has a mild shift kit. The rear is a 12 bolt, with 3.31 gears IIRC.

I have a few NIB parts and pieces that go along with it - new door panels, headliner, etc. I do have the broadcast sheet that was under the back seat.

Its a running, driving car that could use a restoration and have all of the '80's hotrod stuff undone (remote starter solenoid, FRAM remote fuel filter,etc.)

Sorry about the last pic being upside down! I've deleted and replaced but it's still doing it!

Would you guys mind sharing any thoughts you may have on value?

Thanks
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

I'm an associate producer on an upcoming Netflix documentary. We're looking for a 1970 Chevy Nova for a couple of days of filming (around Feb 6-8ish, details firming up in the coming week) in the Monterey area. Any chance you're located in Northern California and would be interested in renting to us? If so, please respond at your earliest convenience. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

[email protected]
323-717-2446

1 - 3 of 3 Posts