Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting Ideas for my 66 Four door. I was thinking going classic with Cragar SS wheels, low profile tires, summit has some that around 140 a pop. What is a good combo without modifying any original body panels? I don't want to go too homey, more classic.

What is the largest wheel that I could fit in there?

Any other suggestions on wheels?

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Getting Ideas for my 66 Four door. I was thinking going classic with Cragar SS wheels, low profile tires, summit has some that around 140 a pop. What is a good combo without modifying any original body panels? I don't want to go too homey, more classic.

I went with American Racing Chrome ralley's, 14x7's, they do make them in 15 inch also. The 14's were less than $80 each, and you can change the center caps later on if you desire.

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
I went with American Racing Chrome ralley's, 14x7's, they do make them in 15 inch also. The 14's were less than $80 each, and you can change the center caps later on if you desire.
Aren't tires for those size wheels more expensive than 17's?

I would go with a set of 17 x 8's! Maybe some AR Torque Thrust M's if you want to go classic but update it a little. You should be able to fit those no problem, especially since you're going with a lower profile tire. I would go with a 245/40/17 all around.

John

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Aren't tires for those size wheels more expensive than 17's?John

Nope, a good brand will run you about $100 per tire. I'm going to be needing to buy some 16 inch tires here soon for the Chevelle. Those are a little harder to come by, and probably cost as much as 17's.

·
Registered
807 Posts

Hey Ben I have 14X8 with 4.75BS P215/70 R14 on mine...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, a good brand will run you about $100 per tire. I'm going to be needing to buy some 16 inch tires here soon for the Chevelle. Those are a little harder to come by, and probably cost as much as 17's.
What year chevelle do you have sgt?

I have drum brakes all around, so I don't want to see too much behind there.

Brake paint of choice anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
What year chevelle do you have sgt?

I have drum brakes all around, so I don't want to see too much behind there.

Brake paint of choice anyone?

I have a 72 Chevelle Malibu currently a work in progress.

My 66 4 dr Nova had drums all around also, but swapped the front drums for a pwr disc brake conversion. Might be something to look into..one of the best upgrades I've done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 72 Chevelle Malibu currently a work in progress.

My 66 4 dr Nova had drums all around also, but swapped the front drums for a pwr disc brake conversion. Might be something to look into..one of the best upgrades I've done.
My parents have a 70 chevelle (no malibu trim, 307) and we are getting ready to start on another 70 Malibu, gonna be a 396. It was my uncles who passed away. Needs a frame off, and a lot of work.

How far are you on your 72?

PS I will eventually upgrade the front brakes, but right now i need to get her in shape for my wedding this fall :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts