1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

My history:
Idaho
When I was 15 and cleaning paint booths and sweeping floors at a body shop I got a "More"Door 74' Nova Buttercup yellow with a 350/350 factory air and 48k on the clock. ($800)Needless to say there was not a drop of rust.... so I had the front seat re-covered painted it a dark purple with charcoal inserts on the hood and decklid. 58k on the clock and I just drove it today.

Dying to own a two door at 17 I found a 73' Nova 350/350 in a barn. Traded a 71' Suzuki TM 125 I re-painted plus 500 cash(A complete pile of rust). Put my new found body/bondo skills to work and painted it Tangerine orange with pearl white stripes. Drove it my senior year if high school and sold it to pay for college....

Kansas
Now that I am in the air force and a little money ahead I have been on my hunt for a good project street car. Found a 69 in KC 327 w/alum vette heads 200r4 overdrive 3.73 10 bolt rearend. New orange paint and decent body work(floors need re-done cause I am picky). Now I am searching for parts and making it even more of a show stopper.:yes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
welcome to the site:yes: will be looking forward to the pics as soon as you get them up!!

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
My latest 69 came out of Kansas from a little ole lady and all the paper work.

Welcome to the site!:yes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey $piker if your at McC look across the ramp are there some tails numbers such as 0365, 3572, 0277, 8875, 1498, 8004, and last but not least Heavy Metal 3513. Like you those A/C found their way to Kansas by way of Idaho a few years ago.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Was staioned at Offutt in the 90's. Spent the last 9 years at Mtn Home. I was there when the Guard came and "stole" our A/C. Had to start working fighters then. (It was crap Heavies are where its at) Currently on term leave retire on the 1st of Sept. Both the wife and myself a from central Nebr and we have good friends in Omaha so we found this the best place to retire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts