Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a short install of a ICT Billet truck lower alternator mount for use with electric water pump install on my 1963 nova . Great kit but it did not come with any directions so I thought I would post this - I have NO connection to this company or getting any compansation so don’t sue me

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Soo very nice kit made in the USA cost around $60 . Ok first off on truck blocks you have to drill a hole and tap it for the upper bracket mount hole . They do sell a template to do this but I like to live life on the edge . I went and got a drill bit / tap combo size 10 MM -1.5. Put on the bracket, tightened the lower bolt and marked the hole . I started with a smaller drill but for a starter then went to the big guy . I measured to part of the block I was drilling in and put tape on the blade at 1”

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soo very nice kit made in the USA cost around $60 . Ok first off on truck blocks you have to drill a hole and tap it for the upper bracket mount hole . They do sell a template to do this but I like to live life on the edge . I went and got a drill bit / tap combo size 10 MM -1.5. Put on the bracket, tightened the lower bolt and marked the hole . I started with a smaller drill but for a starter then went to the big guy . I measured to part of the block I was drilling in and put tape on the blade at 1” View attachment 406272 View attachment 406273 View attachment 406274 View attachment 406275 View attachment 406276
Soo very nice kit made in the USA cost around $60 . Ok first off on truck blocks you have to drill a hole and tap it for the upper bracket mount hole . They do sell a template to do this but I like to live life on the edge . I went and got a drill bit / tap combo size 10 MM -1.5. Put on the bracket, tightened the lower bolt and marked the hole . I started with a smaller drill but for a starter then went to the big guy . I measured to part of the block I was drilling in and put tape on the blade at 1” View attachment 406272 View attachment 406273 View attachment 406274 View attachment 406275 View attachment 406276
Soo everything went perfect , I put a level on the drill to make sure I went in straight . Bolt went in fine

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Soo now for the assembly of the alternator bracket- kit includes 3 spacers - 2 are the same size and 1 is longer . The longer one is the width of the alternator, that goes in the middle of the bracket and the 2 same size spacers go between the back bracket and the block . 2 long bolts go in the block and the short bolt w/nut go through the alternator.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soo now for the belt , 6PK880 or equivalent 35.25” six rib belt . The belt has to be put on before you bolt the lower bolt in , I tried with it off and could not get it on , a extra set of hands will help . With the belt on I used a pry bar between the alternator and the balancer to tighten the belt and move the alternator so the lower hole in the block would line up . It worked good and everything is tight

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Soo that’s it , like I said this is how I did it and if you want to do it differently that’s great ! Go over under projects and follow my 1963 nova turbo LS build thanks and keep the sticky side down 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts