Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have been thinking about selling the I6 and tranny that came out of a 72 more door. Everything is still intact and no missing parts. The engine runs pretty strong and didnt smoke when i was bringing it home. I know i should have done a bit more research before posting this, but im not sure what size the engine or what model tranny is hooked to it. Im just trying to see if its worth trying to sell or part it out. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
Original inline 6 engines in 1972 were 250 c.i.

Not a big demand for them, but I like them and would buy one if reasonably priced.

They were rated at 110 HP but that may be because of a new rating system. The 250 in my 68 is rated at 155 HP.

Lou Arkansas

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
Often the motors are worth more in pieces. The heads, intake and exhaust manifolds are worth something to the guys dealing with 75 and later GM cars that have the integral head and want to swap. They prefer the 194 heads, but those are dwindling. The exhaust manifolds on the early cars crack around the mounting ears a lot. You can get $100 for one from the right person. Next is the accessories. Did the car have power steering or A/C? All those brackets will normally work on the early cars where there is a greater demand. Oil pans and pick-ups are not worth a lot, but there is always a buyer for them. Carbs that are not warped. Sitting above the exhaust they distort badly over time.

It helps to be in a big city. When I was in L.A. I had no problem selling off L6 stuff. Now that I am rural you cannot give the stuff away. There was a place in West L.A. or Santa Monica that would buy L6 stuff, especially 194 parts. Check out these cats http://inliners.org/ they are the main group for inline engines and have been around as long as I can remember.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts