Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I need to do some stuff up front. I mentioned it in another thread, but figured this is a better section for detailed questions. I need to replace my upper control arm bushings and a pass. ball joint. My gearbox has a bit of slop, and it has been adjusted to the max already.

Eventually I'll probably do the gearbox, but for now I'm just curious what's involved in doing the control-arm bushings? I'm wondering how many "while-you're-at-it's" there are. I've already considered replacing my coil springs, since after putting in 2" spindles, the suspension feels pretty soft and worn. Shocks are good. Do the new bushings need to be pressed in? Would a Moog bushing kit from summit be good for 1 wheel or two? Sorry for all these questions, but I'm a lot more experienced with Jeeps than Novas.

I'm not doing a subframe rebuild or anything like that. I just want to improve driveability for now. I plan to dive in and really do some in-depth work once I'm renting a house with a garage. For now, my projects will have to be smaller affairs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts