Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna see how you guys have "hidden" of how you havent hidden your wires, lines,switches , solenoids, etc etc... i need ideas on a sleek setup... thanks

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
:D From the sound of it, I think he's talking about some street stuff. Very nice though Mike.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D From the sound of it, I think he's talking about some street stuff. Very nice though Mike.
yes a hidden street setup, ive seen dozens of camaros and vettes on LS1tech.com but those arent nova and do not have those big *** plastic consoles to hide switches and wires and make it look stock, novas are a lil more complex that that.

any way, thats still a nice setup up top!!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
where to hide the bottle and heater is the big question ? ........... i know in the trunk but what happens if you have to pop the trunk :eek: ut oh secrets our :no:

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
where to hide the bottle and heater is the big question ? ........... i know in the trunk but what happens if you have to pop the trunk ut oh secrets our
i saw a beat up old chevy truck with the bottle hidden in a camo duffel bag once. i think it was in hot rod. the trick to hiding the bottle is finding a way to just make it look inconspicuous. i think you could do the same thing in your trunk, or in your back seat. they make a very small nitrous bottle but you could forget about it at the track, you wouldn't be able to keep pressure up for any amount of runs. a duffel bag or a speaker box would be my suggestion if you really want to hide it. if they're snooping around enough to check your trunk they might make you pop the air cleaner off too though...it's tricky. if someone is curious enough they'll find it...

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
What am I missing?...why do you care if someone sees you have a nitrous setup? I guess I don't understand what difference it makes one way or the other. Even if it's a street car...who cares?

When we race we don't really care if it's blower, nitrous, turbo, whatever in the other lane.

I guess I'm really getting too old... :eek:

·
Registered
508 Posts
i installed one of these on a 67 Camaro with a 427 ci BBC in it. it had a cage but also still retained the back seat. the owner had the seat pan modded to hide the bottle undernieth it. then the solinoids where on the inside of the fire wall and ran the lines up the bel housing into the back of the block. it was almost imposible to see it and worked prety good. lol. that was almost ten years ago!!! but sory no pics.

·
Registered
769 Posts
build a sparker box with a cheap sub and put the bottle inside.
Or be a real street racer and put the biggest unit on it . stage the car ,leave grab the unit and your nuts and hold on.
We street raced alot and never worried about hiding the unit, maybe making look like its not hooked up but that different. We raced alot of cars and had quite a few cars also. Nitrous isnt something new people have it, If you are racing 10,9,8 second cars then why hide it ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
What am I missing?...why do you care if someone sees you have a nitrous setup? I guess I don't understand what difference it makes one way or the other. Even if it's a street car...who cares?

When we race we don't really care if it's blower, nitrous, turbo, whatever in the other lane.

I guess I'm really getting too old... :eek:
people on the street like to hide there N2O so that people wont think there car is fast. ive never hid it myself but came across alot of people that have tried too. i have a friend that used to install a bottle in the bed of his elco, and then had another undernieth where you couldnt see it. well the one in the bed was a decoy and worked every time. lol. to bad it was never realy hooked up.:devil:

·
Registered
508 Posts
build a sparker box with a cheap sub and put the bottle inside.
Or be a real street racer and put the biggest unit on it . stage the car ,leave grab the unit and your nuts and hold on.
We street raced alot and never worried about hiding the unit, maybe making look like its not hooked up but that different. We raced alot of cars and had quite a few cars also. Nitrous isnt something new people have it, If you are racing 10,9,8 second cars then why hide it ?
X2. :yes: i dont hide it and i tell them its the hit or no race!! bottom line!! if they want to bring a knife to a gun fight then thats there bad!!!

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
People on the street like to hide there N2O so that people wont think there car is fast.
Why would you not want people to think your car is fast? It seems to me that a majority of people spend their time and money to make their car look fast, in fact go overboard with gear drives, over-cammed, giant scoops, big tires that give the impression they are fast.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would rather have my car to be fast than look fast.As for hiding your NOS.I had a friend who ran his lines through his heater hose with the soleniods mounted in his heater box.You couldn't tell he had it unless he ran out during a run an it went pig rich.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts