Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 74 nova and like everyone I hate the bumpers on it..
I want to change the back bumper on it... So my question is have anyone
seen it done before? what would I need besides the bumper? I been lookin
at the 72 bumpers I believe it would work...thanks

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Look around the site by doing some searches. I know there have been a few 73/74s that have had the front bumper done, and it think there are a few that have done the rears.
I think it was mrmurf that put a 72 front end on his 73. It looked really sharp. I can't remember if he did the back end or planned to.
I'm guessing you would need everything from the back cross frame back. A couple of brackets and the bumper. Then you wil have to modify the filler panels from the body and around the bumper. You will definitely be in for sheet metal which means body work and paint meaning $$$$$$.

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Okay, I found a thread I was thinking of, and it was mr.murf. Do a search for a thread named 73+70 rear bumper Frankenstein.
I couldn't figure out how to do a hyperlink, but I did try. Let us know how you plan to proceed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks... I changed the front bumper already... I was just worried
about the rear because of the gas tank... my body told me all he need is
the tail light panel, The 72 rear bumper, the 72 taillight assembly etc..
he said he could make the rear end a 72.. im just hoping I don't have
to buy a 72 gas tank and a truck panel... I told him I heard the
rear was a lil difficult but he said it's super easy I don't see it but then again im not a
body man..but he's a know it all

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Just bolt your 74 bumper directly to your car, remove the shocks. Looks way better.
I was thinking of doing this as well. I've laid down under the front and rear, and it seems pretty straightforward??? Only deviation I thought of was while in the process of filling the rubber bumper gueard holes shut, along with the rubber strip holes, I was going to "bob" about three inches or so from the sides of the bumpers. I did this once of an altered wheelbase car, and it really lightened up the look of an otherwise hefty piece!
Dale

1 - 7 of 7 Posts