Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after all day of fighting with the car, I still don't have the motor installed.

Being the smart butt that I am, I put the mounts on my bare 454 block and for the life of me, the bolt holes do not line up. there is like 3/8" space. the bolt hole will not line up.

I can get the drivers side mounted but not the passengers. it like the mount need to be a 1/4" taller and the mounting hole needs to be shifted about 3/8".

aaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah:mad: :confused: :eek: :mad: :confused: :eek: :mad: :confused: :eek:
I'm going crazy

I need some help, part numbers anything!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Try loosening up the bolts that hold the mounts to the frame. That way you can get a little freeplay and maybe the motor will settle into place.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
SUPER_NOVA_71 said:
Well after all day of fighting with the car, I still don't have the motor installed.

Being the smart butt that I am, I put the mounts on my bare 454 block and for the life of me, the bolt holes do not line up. there is like 3/8" space. the bolt hole will not line up.

I can get the drivers side mounted but not the passengers. it like the mount need to be a 1/4" taller and the mounting hole needs to be shifted about 3/8".

aaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah:mad: :confused: :eek: :mad: :confused: :eek: :mad: :confused: :eek:
I'm going crazy

I need some help, part numbers anything!
It sounds like you got a wrong mount somewhere. I use the Moroso solid mounts with small block frame mounts and only had to clear one tube. Later.

Mark!

·
Registered
762 Posts
i also fought the mount issue and then i went to a local shop that sales classic car parts and they fixed me up!
the mounts you buy for the frame there are 2 sets 350 and 307??? for some reason the 350 mounts would not work but the 307 mounts did??? dont ask why i dont know. but it was the solution to my proublem.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
speedster said:
i also fought the mount issue and then i went to a local shop that sales classic car parts and they fixed me up!
the mounts you buy for the frame there are 2 sets 350 and 307??? for some reason the 350 mounts would not work but the 307 mounts did??? dont ask why i dont know. but it was the solution to my proublem.
THe part numbers on the frame mounts I used tells me that they are for 68 bbc. I used the moroso solid motor mounts, still not fitment. I should receive my new set of BBC frm mounts today. I hope they fit better I might even order some small block mounts to be sure.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
69NovaSS said:
I believe in '68 (a '68 1 year only kinda thing) they used the same frame mounts for both the 350 SB and the 396 BB...the thread below actually has reference to this.....

http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32258&highlight=frame+mounts

BTW not to sound stupid but why '68....do you not have a '71 or do you have both??...just wondering based on your Screen Name
No, I had a 69 with a 396 in it. I parted out the car and kept the frame mounts. I thought they would work in my 71 but they don't. I vaugly remember the motor mounts on the 396 wern't the same. it look like 2 totally different mounts> that's probably why I'm having problems.
Chevy2only is sending me some BBC mounts, I should have them today, I hope this solves the problems. I have to move in a few weeks and would like to have the motor in the car.

Aaron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts