Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put some c6 12.8 x 1.26 rotors up front with some 1972 1/2 ton calipers.
The brackets where fun to mod but worked out perfect.

I made a 3/8 bracket that mounted to spindle and locates old bracket off that

Lots of room in my rim but these rims are made for newer Suburban and Tahoes

What do you think.

If you care and want something clarified for you just ask.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
I think thats friggin SWEET! Do you have pics of the bracket by itself? What size wheels are you running?

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NOGO said:
I think thats friggin SWEET! Do you have pics of the bracket by itself? What size wheels are you running?

I didnt get a shot of the bracket alone.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'm impressed and as well as envious. Nice job.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry ive been buisy New2novas. The short answer is---- The proper location puts the bleeder on top. The location front or back of the spindle isnt important.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i guess more what i was wondering was the centering of the rotor in the caliper, did you just take the diameter of the rotor and add a little for the distance from center...is there any offset required left to right (wheel straight looking from above) of the rotor or did you center it with the caliper opening....and what about the location (looking from the side) ...umm... the location as in a clock position, like the caliper at 10 o'clock

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The caliper is at about 1;30 with bleeder on top. I used a thick rag over the rotor and pressed the caliper with pads over top of that to center/space it correctly and took all my measurements off that.

Once I got the caliper on the rotor and rotor mounted on car I did all my measurments off that. like this

1 - 12 of 12 Posts