Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I toying with the idea of selling it, i'm just not sure what's a fair asking price

Year:1963

Model:SS 2 door hardtop

Body/Exterior:All original sheetmetal with the exception of a lower patch panel on the left rear quarter panel. Paint is Nissan Aztec Red base/clear
New Goodmark bumpers.All new reproduction trim. I have replacement stainless trim for the for the top edges of the doors. Have to send it to GLUCAS for polishing. And need to replace the window frames.

Engine:383-1969 350 block w/4 bolt mains, bored .030 over, 400 crank w/5.7 rods, Edelbrock Performer RPM cam, heads, intake, and 750 cfm carb. 9.8 to 1 compression

Front End:SSBC disc brake conversion. CPP lower control arm kit, new shocks, stock springs cut 1 coil. All the rest of the front suspension is new along with idler bearing conversion. Addco 1" sway bar. All parts have been powder coated.

Transmission:TH350 w/shift kit and 2400 stall converter.

Rear End:8.2" 10 bolt, Eaton posi with 3:08 gears. New shocks, 3/4" Addco sway car, 1.5" lowering blocks. Rear end housing and backing plates have been powdercoated.

Exhaust:Hooker fenderwell headers, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust w/h-pipe and Flowmaster 40 series mufflers

Wheels/Tires:Boyd Coddington Furys 17 x 7 w/4.5" backspace. Rear tires 245/45/17, front tires 205/40/17

Interior:Stock ft buckets rr bench configuration covered in tan vinyl and tweed. Factory console, custom gauge package from NNN utilizing Classic Instrument speedo, tach and quad oil, temp, volt, fuel gauge.

Electrical:American Autowire Factory Fit, all new from front to back

Accessories/Options:None at this time, but ya never know.

Sound system:Custom Autosound USA-5 with 10 disc CD changer

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I have a question for ya.............WHY?

Well it really comes down to the fact that I'm the only one who really gets any enjoyment out of it. It was intended to be a family thing but that's just not the case anymore so I feel I'm being a little selfish.

It's not a matter of needing to sell it, in fact my wife looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned it. Like I said, I'm just toying with the idea right now.

·
Registered
488 Posts
:eek::eek: :no::no::turn: Now why would you do that! You need to go and get your self checked. Your crazy. Even if the family is not interested anymore, that car is to sweet to get rid of. Every time I see that car makes me wanna go work on my car.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Well it really comes down to the fact that I'm the only one who really gets any enjoyment out of it. It was intended to be a family thing but that's just not the case anymore so I feel I'm being a little selfish.

It's not a matter of needing to sell it, in fact my wife looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned it. Like I said, I'm just toying with the idea right now.
With a car that beautifull I would be hard pressed to sell it, if it were me. Do you get enjoyment out of the car still? U know like taking it to car show's or just driving around the block? If YES, I would not sell it. But that's just me. Trust me the second you give the key's to some else permentlly your heart will sink like a rock. Trust me I have done that twice in the last two year's and I was ALMOST crying.

·
Registered
488 Posts
With a car that beautifull I would be hard pressed to sell it, if it were me. Do you get enjoyment out of the car still? U know like taking it to car show's or just driving around the block? If YES, I would not sell it. But that's just me. Trust me the second you give the key's to some else permentlly your heart will sink like a rock. Trust me I have done that twice in the last two year's and I was ALMOST crying.
:yes::yes: Totally agree. Could'nt had said it any better.

·
Registered
932 Posts
l'm with RM why??

but l'd say 65K:D or free if u want me to enjoy it

·
Registered
932 Posts
canadian doller buddie, or maybe a real number would be 25-35grand??? is that resinable

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Bill, that thing ain't worth nuthin' but scrap!! I'll give ya a buck fiddy and tow it away for free!!:devil::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
It doesn't matter what its worth it matters if someone will pay that amount. This is not really a good time to sell.

BTW I am almost done with mine and wanna cruise with you so hold up a while:devil::eek::D

BTW again i'm sure your wife and kids like the fact that you enjoy the car and do not think your selfish at all...

Hows Chewy???? MLFB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts