Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 76 Nova four door that has an usual dent. It's on the bottom area of the rear quarter panel between the wheel well and rear door. Somebody did a pretty good number on it because they nailed the door too. It really doesn't look like something I can just bondo up because it pushed in part of the wheel well it that area also. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, there are a bunch of dings and small dents in different places on the car. Any way to get them out? Thanks, any help is really appreciated. I bought this car for $100 as an around town beater and now my wife has fallen in love with it and wants me to fix it up for her.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Any way you could post a few pics of the dent? It will help to see it.

Randy (a pic is worth 1K words);)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I've got the same kind of dent on a 66. Here's a pic of mine, which probably looks alot like Chrismc's.

http://www.kservers.net/temp/nova/000_1639.JPG

I wish you luck Chris. My father suggested getting some small sheets of metal to form to that shape to weld in. Dad's a machinist with 35 years experience so I'm pretty sure I can trust that advice...now just to see if I'm talented enough to do it ;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ouch.... No way to get into those areas from the back with a body hammer and dolly or pry bar. You could cut them out and weld in replacements, like Dad suggests.

A stud welder/dent puller has worked wonders for those dents that I don't have access to on my latest project. I picked up the Magna Stud Welder from Eastwood # 31123. Comes with 3 welding attachments, pulling tool, pins, carrying case... Has been worth the cost for me.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I live about 35 - 40 minutes from you and have a stud welder/dent puller,body hammers,dollies,small welder, and a small shop area
private message me ;) for more info if you would like

Paul NY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts