Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something simple to help quiet down my exhaust. Right now have 2 1/2" pipes into a H-pipe and two flowmasters 50 series mufflers. I start work very early in the mourning and the neighbors aren't to happy about it. Is there something I could connect to the tailpipes to help quiet it down a little. Would exhaust tips with resonators help any? Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?
Thanks
Paul

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
if you think something is necessary to keep the neighbors happy, maybe a different muffler all together might be required.

a bit of change ta be sure, but seems it might be worthwhile for everyone's serenity :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Why's it always gotta be about pleasing others? WHat happened to making yourself happy? I have 2 loud cars, and we sometimes come in late late at night after a show or cruise in, and we are together and its loud, and if the neighbors don't like it, oh well...If its not too loud for the law restrictions, then its ok...if they arent happy, they need to turn down their hearing aides.

If you absolutely HAVE NO CHOICE, then you might want to step down to some turbo mufflers or something like that...

**These opinions are mine strictly, and in no way are a reflection of Steve's Nova Site or other members or Moderators**

·
Registered
406 Posts
With people like that even the turbos will be too loud! People will complain about anything.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Paulski said:
I'm looking for something simple to help quiet down my exhaust
How 'bout this? :D

Might get expensive if you have to buy them for all of your neighbors though!

A

·
0 Posts
FunkyNova66 said:
Keep pissing them off. They'll move eventually.:D
I agree.......seriously, I have about the same set up you have running a big block.......and I love the sound.
Yeah, on Saturday mornings if I head to McDonalds at 7:00 AM the neighbors know I'm up and they're not :D

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
my driveway is about 15 feet from my neighbors bedroom window... once the Flyer's done i expect all the nasty, mean, rotten, cheap, behind the back comments and other assorted Niceties to triple...

it's one of the reasons i'm planning on shattering their windows with vibrations... give 'em sumpin' ta REALLY hate me for...

and i've never given cause before... time for a little pay backs...

"oh, did i wake you... oh gosh, i'm SOOO &$^$$*%(^^)^ sorry !!! have a pleasant day, won't you ???" :rolleyes: :D :D

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
My El Camino has an H pipe and DynoMax Ultras. It has a very nice sound and doesn't irratate the neighbors. They look cool to, the stainless is shiny it looks like they were polished :) I plan on using the same mufflers on the Nova.

·
Registered
710 Posts
ovrdrive said:
How about converting your H-pipe to an X-pipe
I would second this suggestion. My new Magnaflow system is surprisingly quiet at idle but roars when you stand on it, which I believe has to be due to the x-pipe. I like it because it's neighborhood-friendly when I want it to be, but gets pretty loud when I'm on the gas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts