Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone a few weeks ago my wife's grandmother left us her 76 nova. I'm very new to the idea of restoring a classic car and my knowledge of cars is basic but I'm learning. After doing a little looking online I found out my new car is a medalist edition. After leaning that less then 5,500 were made my wife and I began to wonder if this car deserved to be in a collection rather than my first project car. One last piece of my issue is that our medalist is a 4 door and the only ones i can online are the 2 doors version. Any input would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! I'm not sure what you have, but somebody more knowledgeable will surely give us more details.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site :waving: I think pictures of the Nova would help out a lot :yes: and in your case? It will make it easy to see what direction you should go.

Good luck and god bless with what you decide...

·
Registered
704 Posts
hey those are the ugly plaid seats mine had in it when i got it :D

looks like a great starting point for a build if you like more doors

if not

then it a awesome parts car or a drive it till it drops cars :yes:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Personally, I like the 4 Gens with 4 doors over the 2 doors. I'm not sure that being a medalist model will make it much more desirable, I would have fun with it.

Unless medalist meant a 427 was under the hood!

·
Registered
5,749 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Takpe;

As per Nova Resouce page your car was build "To commemorate the Olympic games in 1976, Chevrolet created the "Gold Medalist" Nova (RPO-Z78). It included special gold paint (paint code 53) and "Gold Medalist" emblem"

I don't think there will be a bad idea to use it as your first project as long as you respect the color and keep the emblems as this are the trademark on your model.

Just don't get overwhelm, take your time.

·
Premium Member
3,653 Posts
Welcome to the site. Here is my :2cents:
If you have a friend that is amechanic or a local mechanic shop that has a good reputation, take it to them and have it checked over to see what it needs right away and what it will need eventually. this way you will know what you are up against.
Best of luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts