Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got cheap hedman headers in the car now. They barely fit. I had to dent the one tube on the passenger side to get it to not hit the shock tower. I'm looking for a ceramic header that will bolt in without a beating. Is there a block hugger or tight tuck header I can buy that fits my 66? What's the best out there to solve my fit and heat problems? Jegs and summit don't have much in thier catalogs for 2nd gen. novas

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Sanderson makes a shortie that does not require dimpling.Exhaust is a little tight around the starter and plugs are fun.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
My hedman hedders fit great on my 64. I had to dimple nothing. I love the ball type reducer. Never had a leak and look like the day I installed them after two cam changes. Love the H/D flanges also. They still look like they were chrome plated. No discolor anywhere. If money didnt matter I would Hookers. Heard nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
We used Doug's tri-ys,they came close to an upper control arm bolt on the drivers side; tri-ys have fewer tubes to take up space in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picking a header

Thanks for the tips. I think I'll try the hooker as long as there coated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts