Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im taking out the interior of my 63 SS (well pretty sure its a SS anyways) and there are to peices of metal that run across (over) the driveshaft cowl inside, I have posted a photo on my photobucket.com/tjhfd87 and im wondering if anyone could give me info on the two peices. the reason im thinking that there not original is because the guy with the car before had done some weird fabrications to the seats and floors.

thanks

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
The SS version had Bucket seats. The factory used two (2) braces like what you described for mounting the two inside bolts for the each seat. The outside rear bolt goes into the floor. The front outside mount is a stud from the factory, therefore it uses a nut.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
TJ,

If you want to post those photobucket pics on here, just go to your photobucket album, put your pointer over the picture, and a menu will pop up. Right click on "IMG CODE", and click copy. Come back to your post here on Steves, right click and hit paste. The picture will show up in the thread that way.

·
Registered
788 Posts
yep, ya got SS bucket

seat brackets in your car.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Sure appears to be a 63SS car....or at least a full floor pan :yes:

63 was the only year that had a bolt in hump for the SS, and yes, those brackets and braces are correct for an SS car.

Jack

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Sure appears to be a 63SS car....or at least a full floor pan :yes:

63 was the only year that had a bolt in hump for the SS, and yes, those brackets and braces are correct for an SS car.

Jack
those braces look like they were welded in non factory style. Thought mine where spot welded in. Also the floorhump rear of them is flat instead of curved. little bit of mods there maybe?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts