Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had issues with the rubber on they're windows???? It dont fit for crap!:mad:

My buddy installed his and it didnt fit, so I gave him my new rubber and it fit fine, so he ordered another one from the same place I got mine and this one fits like his original?! None of the trim fits right either! I dont wanna have to pull the glass back out if I dont have to but theres not to many options???:(

Any help would be appreciated!
Later,
Gary

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Check your package. It the gasket made for a coupe or is it for a sedan?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wogs64SS said:
Gary, what brand did you get? I got soffseal several years ago and didn't have any of the problems that you are having.
My other one I bought 3 years ago fit in my buddies car fine...The blue one you saw at the cruise!

I got it from Harmons and I thought it was SoffSeal, and I though...it was for a hardtop...I need to dig the tag back outta the trash and double check but I thought it was right??

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Mine came from CARS in Berkley and it specifically said Hardtop:)
By the way, thanks for the tip on building your own exhaust. I've got one side about half done:D A lot of under the car and back up again fitting and cutting:p I'd like to see your car also when you get it done! You and your buddy are my inspiration:D

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wogs64SS said:
Mine came from CARS in Berkley and it specifically said Hardtop:)
By the way, thanks for the tip on building your own exhaust. I've got one side about half done:D A lot of under the car and back up again fitting and cutting:p I'd like to see your car also when you get it done! You and your buddy are my inspiration:D
yeah lol, you gotta make a few trips under the car lol, have to post some pics when ya git r dun! It was nice meetin ya at the cruise!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hey, quick question. I noticed that the bottom of the rubber is pointed, kinda like the top trim and the top is round kinda like the bottom trim, could it be in upside down?:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
skrymir said:
Hey, quick question. I noticed that the bottom of the rubber is pointed, kinda like the top trim and the top is round kinda like the bottom trim, could it be in upside down?:confused:
This is what I was wondering. Not sure how easy it would be to do that though. Gary...go ahead and fix it now. Nothings worse than seeing a perfect car with a windshield gasket looking like that. You'll thank me later.

Dave

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that was the first thing I though, its upside down, but I'm pretty sure it only fits one way? I wish I would have been there when the guy put it in..I have a friend who does glass and I hate buggin him for favors, but I think I will give him a call and see if he can pop it out and try reversing it???

Something will def be done, I wont leave it like that I promise ya that!!

Sooooo I guess nobody else has had this issue so far??!?!

Later,
Gary

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
But isn't the bottom of the windshield wider then the top? If so, you shouldn't be able to put it in upside down??? At least not easily.:confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Window Installation

When you get it reinstalled make sure it not only right side up but also make sure it is facing right side out. It looks a little twisted or something.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts