Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to turbo my 6. but i dont want to do a whole lot of fab work to make it work. i found a turbo manifold on e bay for $$400!!! im not looking to spend thousands to do this. if you have one would you let me know, or even where to find one cheap. thanks. [email protected]

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
If you don't want to spend a lot of money and don't want to fab, then don't try to turbo your six. It's about as expensive as a small block swap and will require Fab work. No one sells a "kit." I think $400 for a new manifold is cheap for the funky application.

Kev

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you want cheap, try turning a stock exhaust manifold upside down, especially if you can find one of the 292 21/2" versions. The very end bolt holes will be off, but you may be able to make it work. Then use a Clifford single carb intake also upside down and make an adapter to run the carb as a down draft and feed into the now updraft intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Turbos are expensive. You don't get all that power for free. My friend has a PT Cruiser with an LS engine and 98mm turbo. 1010hp at the rear wheels for the street. He touches the pedal and lights the tires at will. Cool but pricey. Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts