Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car from Ray Shields in 96 and it was a driver for 8 years. It had a 194 L6, 250 L6, 283 and finally a 350 crate motor. Car only broke down on me once and that was when a rocker stud broke on the 283 because some previous owner drilled and pinned them and it broke at the pin. This 283 actually came out of my 64SS! I drove that car everywhere, Tahoe, Virginia City, Yosemite.

I hope to re-create this car from the 63 that Camgrinder sold to me. I plan on putting the same 283 in it but this time the 4 speed will also go in:yes:. I really enjoyed how that car looked, drove, etc...

Here are some pics of my old 64 in Yosemite.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Hurry up and get that thing running man!

-Justin

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
That's why I'll never get rid of my sedan. I prefer them over coupes --- not to say I don't like coupes. :eek:

... I just like sedans more :D

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
I wish I had a 63 Nova sedan! :D

-Justin

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I had a 63 Nova sedan! :D

-Justin
That car had to be mine! It looked pretty much exactly like my 64 when I bought it from Ray. Same color and primer spots on it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
That car had to be mine! It looked pretty much exactly like my 64 when I bought it from Ray. Same color and primer spots on it. :)
Its all good bro, I am just giving you crap. But you should give me a ride in it before anyone else...maybe we can see how fast it can get to the nearest bar! :devil:

-Justin

·
Registered
130 Posts
I hear ya! I have a 63 post car and I love it! 355 with 370 horsepower! Turbo 350 with a 373 rear.It keeps up with traffic!:yes:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
thats cool ryan! you should have bought the sleeper wheels john had too! should be a fun project. That's why I wished I never have sold my 63 wagon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts