Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Nova Buddies!

So I am thinking about buying a 1969 chevelle from an older lady who never wanted to sell it before but now all of a sudden she does so she called me yesterday. I went and saw it today and was wondering if any of you Nova guys know anything about Chevelles. If you don't can you refer to someone who does.

Here are my questions.

On a 1969 Chevelle Malibu was a floor consol with bucket seats an option or was that only for the SS Malibu.

Also how can you tell if the chevelle was converted from a steering column shifter to a floor consol shifter.

the car has a floor consol with bucket seats. Everything looks original but I wasn't sure that was an option unless it was an SS. She and her husband had it since 69 and he recently passed away and she knows nothing about the car.

Thank you guys!

Derek
1971 Nova

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
If you can buy the Chevelle buy it. Don't wait. She could sell it to some else.

Then worry about details. I had a neighbor tell me he would sell me a car. Then I waited two days. He sold it to someone else.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Hello Nova Buddies!

So I am thinking about buying a 1969 chevelle from an older lady who never wanted to sell it before but now all of a sudden she does so she called me yesterday. I went and saw it today and was wondering if any of you Nova guys know anything about Chevelles. If you don't can you refer to someone who does.

Here are my questions.

On a 1969 Chevelle Malibu was a floor consol with bucket seats an option or was that only for the SS Malibu.

Also how can you tell if the chevelle was converted from a steering column shifter to a floor consol shifter.

the car has a floor consol with bucket seats. Everything looks original but I wasn't sure that was an option unless it was an SS. She and her husband had it since 69 and he recently passed away and she knows nothing about the car.

Thank you guys!

Derek
1971 Nova
What's up Derek!!

Glad to hear you soon might be a Chevelle owner also!! I almost got my 72 Malibu ready to drive, should be running here shortly. If you buy it and need parts, you should check out www.camarosandclassics.com they have about the best price and customer service than anyone else.

Sgt. Steve

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I personally think 69 was the best of the chevelle. My suggestion - if thats a car youve been longing to get for a long time, and the price and the condition of the car is good... this is your chance. Don't wait too long to get all the answers you need. I've made this problem in the past and missed out on some great deals!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts