Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been back and forth in my head for months on what engine to drop in place of my l6....and im gonna go witht eh 2jzgte motor out of a twin turbo supra. its not gonna be as cheap as going with a drop in 350 but its something that i havent seen done in a 4th gen and i want my car to hold special value, even if only to myself.

on to the questions!: alrighty the stock engine with the twins is only about 350 horsies i believe. im not sure what rear i have and how do i check? im really hoping i dont have to resort to changing rears or i may not go this route. and lastly my buddies doing the same swap into a fd but theres a company that makes a direct bolt on subframe for his application. where can i get someone to make me one?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
good luck. I dont have the fabrication skills or any skills in general for any project like that but I can tip my hat to those who do.

as long as you have the money and time...why not

·
Registered
508 Posts
well if you wernt so far away, im sure i could fab one up for you.:yes: those little motors are BAD little bugers!!! there is a guy here putting one in a 96 mustang. also there is a guy running a supra making about 1100 RWHP out of that little motor!:eek: and he dosent realy have that much done to it. he says there is cars making 2000+ HP wit the 2jz's. good luck with the build. it should be alot of fun when done.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well if you wernt so far away, im sure i could fab one up for you.:yes: those little motors are BAD little bugers!!! there is a guy here putting one in a 96 mustang. also there is a guy running a supra making about 1100 RWHP out of that little motor!:eek: and he dosent realy have that much done to it. he says there is cars making 2000+ HP wit the 2jz's. good luck with the build. it should be alot of fun when done.
ya i saw a few camaros done up with em....i jus love the engine, its like an unlimited potential kind of engine, much like the nova so i think itll be a perfect fit. i should be able to do this build for under 7k i think. a place in jersey sells the engine w/turbos, auto tranny,ecu n almost everything else for 1800...time to save a lil more a week

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
My momma taught me that if I have nothing nice to say then say nothhing at all. In respect to her I can not express my true feelings on your proposed project.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My momma taught me that if I have nothing nice to say then say nothhing at all. In respect to her I can not express my true feelings on your proposed project.
thats prolly what i should have said.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
well.....

Not my choice but I'll be we'll all give an atta boy when its done and runs great.:yes:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Turbo Supra motor in a '77 four door, that's just too cool. A friend of mine has one in an old Datsun 240 Z and it runs like a scalded dog.
People will hate you when you clean their clock, i'll bet
I vote do it! :yes:

Scott

·
Registered
145 Posts
there will always be the haters but go ahead and do it!! you cant beat the efficiency of these motor setups,not really much different to all the 30-34 ford hotrods that run sbc motors! it is cool to be different and will make a great conversation point at car meets!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
engine

I have to admit I like to see different ideas when you throw open a hood. I almost put a ecotec supercharged engine in my 65 just to be different. I have a ion redline with one right now and I love the motor. I was thinking you could really hop it up in a nova and get 30mpg. So to me I am looking forward to seeing your car.

Shawn

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I wont be a hater.. I wanna SEE it!!! Heck yeah.. I am from the group of folks that stuffed every combo of drive train into a Toyota FJ40 (land cruiser) back in the 70s. We were yanking the straight sixes out and stuffing everything from a poncho V6 to a small 400. I had a 283 that screamed, pulled us up devils slide at pismo without ever giving up the ghost. All the while watching the jeep folks breaking shafts.

But I like the idea!! Put it in and show us. I will enjoy it... JR

1 - 17 of 17 Posts