Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got new shocks! I had no idea how much of a differemce adjustable shocks could make. Its like a whole different car!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What brand, and how did you end up adjustment wise?
Yes...They are QA1's single adjustable. The instructions said 6 - 12 clicks for street driving so I started at 9. I ended up at 5 in the front and 6 in the back. I wanted it a bit stiffer on the back springs since it seemed to drop too easy going through dips with more than one person in the car. They really help with the bump steer up front too. It was horrible with my old Monroe gas matics. Changed the feel of the whole car!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Baloney....you just wanted to show us how nice the underside looks
Haha! I cant stop folks from looking around while I show off my shocks.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
Hi jd . . . . . good choice . . . . . . ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well thanks to OP's reviews I will be buying QA1's as well. Broke a rear shock when moving the car so riding on the leafs out back makes for a very interesting ride even just putting through the neighborhood. Looks good sir.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
I looked at Summit for QA1 shocks and there are 3 different shocks for a 67. Which one did you get for your car?
Stocker, Stocker NA or the Stocker R series. Any chance a part# would help. I want to order also

·
Registered
533 Posts
I looked at Summit for QA1 shocks and there are 3 different shocks for a 67. Which one did you get for your car?
Stocker, Stocker NA or the Stocker R series. Any chance a part# would help. I want to order also
Stocker NA stands for Non-Adjustable, so it wouldn't be those(TN series). Designed as an improvement over stock shocks, and for use where rules don't allow adjustable shocks
(some race groups do this).

Stocker R is just single adjustable on the rebound rate only(TR series). Most common for dragstrip only use where on the rear you are controlling the downward hit of the tire to the track(chassis seperation) in conjunction with a traction bar like Cal-Tracs/Slide-a-Links/Smith Racecraft Asassin bars. On the front the R type control how fast the front end rises to control weight transfer. Not the right shock for street driving if you are looking to improve handling.

Stocker Star is single adjust but adjusts bump(compression) and rebound(droop) simultaneously(TS series). For handling improvement with adjustability this would be the shock you want.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
WOW what a difference the QA1 rear shocks made. I ordered the QA1 TS703's got them from Summit. Changed the ride greatly. Very happy. I tried 9 clicks to start and ended with 5. Very happy. Thanks for the heads up about these shocks "jd128"

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
Whats up? You changed your avatar, I didn't recognize you!
"nobody does" . . . . . staying under the (Covid - 19) radar . . . . . lol

so, jd - have you gotten that New Nova 'broken - in - yet' . . . . . I can't hardly think of having a
"NEW 67 Chevy II " . . . . . . in today's times . . . . . . WAY COOL , for sure .

and , Be Careful out & about . . . . .

later , jim

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW what a difference the QA1 rear shocks made. I ordered the QA1 TS703's got them from Summit. Changed the ride greatly. Very happy. I tried 9 clicks to start and ended with 5. Very happy. Thanks for the heads up about these shocks "jd128"
I get it out quite a bit on the weekends, but there are rules. No rain in the forcast, I stay off the freeways and away from traffic as much as possible, and if it is a time of year when lots of bugs are out the car stays in! One of the strangest things about the car is getting into it and smelling the "New Car" smell. I have always had an old car of some sort, and most of them smelled old.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you could give me the Part# that would be great. Was it the TS703, TS802 or the TS506
shock. Thanks
Sorry, I just saw your question today. I put the TS703 in the back and TS506 in front. I see by your other post that you already got them. Glad you are happy with them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts