Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't put my finger on it but something is wrong here. JK ... it's off at the welders now getting a CE sump welded on. It's interesting what the inside of a gas tank looks like. There's a lot more going on in there than you'd think.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
looks kinda holy... OOPS !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

now ya did it. now this thread's of religious context and i'll be forced ta delete ya !!!

but yer the one who said it...

I'LL DELETE MYSELF !!!

thanks !!! :D

lookin' good, keep us updated will ya ??? it's gonna be cool !!! :D

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Back from the welder. This guy turned it around in 24 hours, and he does a lot of welding for NHRA guys.

I got it home tonight, scrubbed it 3 times with a brillo pad and went over it several times with soap and hot water.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys! That 8 AN line should be connected to it by next wednsday.

It didn't take long to get it's first coat of Tank Tone. I really like the finish this stuff leaves on it.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This is about 3 coats of Tank Tone and 5 coats of clear. It's a shame the best paint on the car is going to be the gas tank :rolleyes: . I think it looks really good with the black traps and anti squeek pads. It goes on the car along with the fuel pump, etc on Wednsday night.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wanted to share my progress. Tank went in tonight and the fuel pump relay is wired up in the trunk, just need to run the ignition wire up front. Fuel pump is mounted on the inside of the passenger side frame rail. The an lines are almost done, I just didn't plan on needing an 8an 90* fitting and I was trying to avoid using 90* fittings. The line is ran all the way up front, the regulator is installed and all the plumbing under the hood is done.

I'm pretty psyched to get it running tomorrow. I just installed an air fuel ratio gauge and noticed that at half throttle and more, I am running dead lean. So I'm expecting a significant increase in performance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts