Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fronts are fine. 4.75 backspace on a 17x7” rim. But I noticed the rears that I thought were ordered as 18x7 with 4.75 backspace we’re ordered as 18x8 with 5 backspace. Will they fit a stock rearend in a gen 1 nova???? I really hope they will fit. Ugh. The wait. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's going to be REALLY close.
Jack the car up, put the wheels on (without tires)let the car down on jack stands under the axel tubes and start measuring to see what size tire might work.
Good luck, and let us know what the outcome is.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Probably.. It will be close on the outer wheel house and probably a max tire size of 245/45/18 maybe.. The wheels I've run had 5.25" back space and I can fit my fingers in between the tire and the outer wheel house..

Take actual measurements of your wheels from wheel mounting surface to outer wheel lip and from the wheel mounting surface to the inner wheel lip and post it up here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So update on the wheels....

The fronts fit and got the tires mounted and balanced for the front wheels. They are now on the car. They look freakin awesome. I called Coys wheels and talked to Dave about the rear wheels. I told him I got 18x8 with a 5" BS. I actually asked him to order 18x7 with a 4.75" BS but he said no I didn't. I don't know why I would talk about an 8" rim when all along I only knew a 7" would fit with 4.75" BS. He said we talked about it because "HE" said they would fit. That tells me he talked about it not me. But in any case he said they made the rears wrong. He said he told them 5.5" BS on those wheels. He said he would contact them and have them fix the issue. He now says they are re-making the wheels (said this 2 weeks ago) and he said it takes 4-6 weeks to make them. Anyways that where we are at right now. Right now I'm taking the time to put in the stereo and all the boom as well. Just a little update:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts