Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a problem with tires rubbing front fender and from what i have gathered you can purchase front disc brake kits that will relocate the wheel more to the center of the wheel well.right?does this include all aftermarket disc brake conversions?

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
CPP sells a "zero offset" disc brake kit in a standard 11" or a big brake 13". What part of the fender is the tire hitting? What size front wheels and tires are you running?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
14" wheels with 205 75 tires....thats just to roll it around.when i finish i want to put some 15x6 weld pro star and whatever tire size will go with ample clearance.so the zero offset will give me plenty of clearance?

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
The zero offset kit is nice because many standard offset wheels will fit without any issues. I dont know if this will fix your problem because I dont know where your tire is hitting the fender.:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
The tire diameter on 1st/2nd gens should be around 25" or less because of the small front fender area. The tire you are running is 26" and creates a clearance issue with the lower front portion of the fender. Your caster adjustment also affects the placement of your front wheel relative to the fender. If you shim the UCA you can adjust the strut rods back a bit during alignment and gain additional clearance (move the wheel back).

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok,i am going to have to get the disc brake conversion anyway.all i want to know is .......will the zero offset remedy the problem so i can at least get some 15" weld wheels on the front with 25" or less tires? i think they have 31/2 back spacing. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
ok,i am going to have to get the disc brake conversion anyway.all i want to know is .......will the zero offset remedy the problem so i can at least get some 15" weld wheels on the front with 25" or less tires? i think they have 31/2 back spacing. thanks
You should not have any problems with that setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts