Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All aluminum 383 for street rod.

Update 12-13

Updated
12-20-12
Finished, ship to customer.

Customer will install the intake and his fuel system.

Al

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
:drool: :drool: :drool:

That crank don't look cheap either Al. :no:

What is it?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Now you're talking.
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Big Al: Any idea on the weight of a bare stock block and this aluminum one?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
What it looses in weight it makes up in dollars! :D
Kind of like when I went into the Harley shop to pick up some gaskets, filter and fluids. The guy took most of my money and I told him he almost broke me. "He said we weigh you when you come in the door so we know how much money you are holding on you".:yes:

·
Registered
299 Posts
What block is that? What heads and intake?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just need five minutes alone with that block. But I'd prefer to flog it unmercifuly after being installed in my car.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Hey Big Al, If I ever win the Lottery I'm calling you up and placing an order:yes:

I really like those stainless steel bench tops too! Nice rolled lip along the edge so the tools don't roll off the bench:D I want one:D That place looks first class!
Ron

·
Registered
407 Posts
nice block

thats a different kind of love , cars and women.
One you respect and care for, and one you use, abuse, and trade in when you want something tighter.

jk and I would never trade in my car either!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
The owner of the machine shop my dad used did one of them 25 years ago. I thought it was the most radical thing I had ever seen. The engine itself was not so spectacular for performance, since it was done for the novelty of it. (he took it mostly to car shows etc). But he hand polished the block and the heads, which I think was 10X the work than building the engine. It was amazing to see completed. Probably had about 350 hp:eek: Just kidding, I'm sure it was built with left over circle track parts he had collected.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts