Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9 inch rear end and i need it rebuilt. I know the ring & pinion and i think the cluchs in the detroit true trac locker are bad cant find anyone around me so i will sent it out i guess. anybody got any idea's or anyone on the sight know how and what to make so money?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Do you have a 4X4 Shop around?

Or if someone has a heavy duty truck shop, or you have a small trucking company around, ask them. Dealers tend to be parts replacers any more, but the big truck guys rebuild them. The procedures and principals are the same, uh, it's one of those size things.

They are usually a great resource. If you were near a Randy's Ring & Pinion, I'd send you there. If you are going to ship it out, they are a good resource.

Actually, setting up a diff isn't that difficult, it is time consuming and takes a few cool tools....like a press. 9's are a bunch easier because you can remove the pinion gear without pulling the ring carrier for setting the depth of contact between the pinion and the ring gear.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Check your yellow pages for a spring and driveline shop. Ask local rodders. Ask the locals that plow snow in the winter. They abuse rears and know where to get work done. Heck, most my local plow guys are racers or rodders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts