Chevy Nova Forum banner
281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
@unstable
Cadillac, Olds, Buick version and then the tail shafts
yes, the BOP bellhousing bolt pattern is different than the Chevy so unless your transmission guy doesn't care about that, it can and will make a difference. As far as the tailshaft goes, they're the shorties, I think someone was discussing that here in the 3rd gen forum just last night... I'll see what I can find and get back to you on that. Pretty sure they're short though (4") and yeah, a 4x4 won't work because of the xfer case tailshaft housing.

B&M TH400 on Jegs

·
Premium Member
1972 6 Cylinder Dragster :)
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
@Stroker Ace Ventura while buying a B&M TH400 certainly would work and I may end up going that route, it was kind of the idea of getting stuff from my work to stuff into the car...ultimately it doesn't matter all too much to me, just figured it would be cool and I certainly wouldn't buy a fresh trans just to tear it apart to stuff my work parts into it. hahaha. Thanks brother, I'll keep my eyes peeled for one of these.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #284 ·
Can anyone verify this as an SI type alternator? Internally regulated? Part stores close at 5…as if people who work on cars don’t have day jobs and might need parts after they get off of work.
4D478752-3786-4EA3-8EDB-1FB2198E03BF.jpeg

·
Registered
1972 Nova 355 700r4 12 bolt skyroof
54 Posts
You can use a 4x4 trans. Source a tail shaft housing and the output shaft and speedo stuff. I used a 700r4 from a 4x4 in the 72. Also have a th350 4x4 going in a model a.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,948 Posts
Unstable. That looks internally regulated.
I agree.
  • Internal - Flat and rectangular two wire plug, plugs in from the side, at the rear edge of the case.
  • External - Square two wire plug, plugs straight into the rear of the case (image below).

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
And the winner is… @xxdabroxx with his correct guess of brake components. All that remains is the housing and center unit and I’ll have a new rear.

nothing to report guys. Had an appointment after work so I couldn’t get to the parts store. Tomorrow the GF is away and it should afford me some time.

·
Registered
408 Posts
281 - 298 of 298 Posts