Chevy Nova Forum banner
261 - 280 of 298 Posts

·
Premium Member
1972 6 Cylinder Dragster :)
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
@Stroker Ace Ventura I finally ordered a 3 ring binder and some plastic page protectors, that will be the hard-copy of receipts, instructions, technical information etc. The plan is that this car won't ever be sold by me but one of my kids will end up with it, they can fight to the death over who gets it I guess...hey, I'm going to need company in the afterlife. Maybe I'll go grab an alternator today, I don't know...some of the "project legalize it" stuff just isn't that exciting to me.

·
Registered
1972 Nova 355 700r4 12 bolt skyroof
54 Posts
Glad the sons surgery went good. He now has alot of recovery and PT to do the next 6 months probably.
I say do the alternator and give it some more timing. Then go do burnouts.
Legal stuff can wait, right?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 · (Edited)
July 18, 2021
Attended street outlaws no prep yesterday, at least for a few hours. It rained, was humid, crowded and super hot. I fried like some bacon under the sun.

I did however get to see the new Murder Nova as well as a future street outlaws Nova from CT. I actually enjoyed chatting with the owner of the 1970 from CT Nova owner. He was running a 572 motor with a knock off procharger forced induction system.

E3EF12FB-7617-4DD6-9D51-314DC50C9605.jpeg 50914928-CB8C-48B1-8FD2-26AD14D9DEFA.jpeg 22A460CC-DF34-4508-9EFC-E8C101BCC0A3.jpeg B4F75499-9EDA-475C-A070-2BD66E8D9767.jpeg EEE3E11B-76D7-41E7-B66D-41DFE87592DC.jpeg

PS Scott Taylor and John Doe knocked Shawn Ellington and his shiny new Murder Nova in the 8th mile.

edit: a high point for me was chatting with a crew member for Dark Horse Racing, I believe it was. They were running a first generation camaro and he said the electronics system they run allows them to control spark PER cylinder. With EFI, I’m betting they control fuel per cylinder as well. That’s wild stuff. Overall it was a neat experience but most of the guys are so busy signing autographs and taking photos and selling merchandise that you’re not going to even get a few minutes to have any sort of meaningful dialogue where you might learn something…which to me is far more useful and valuable than meeting a celebrity. It was a little disappointing that the guys weren’t a little more engaged with the fans.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
Also, I forgot to mention. During the races one of the drivers, I don’t know who he was came up and started talking to the GF and he was wearing a quick performance shirt. I asked him if he runs parts from there and he said yes. I said I’ve been waiting a couple of months for a rearend. He said he is good friends with the owner and he’s been waiting 6 months for a rear.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
@unstable Brother, I was merely making a joke at your expense :p , hope that didn't offend you too much ;) .

I'm with you on the worry, man. People do what they do. Not my business if it isn't hurting others, just me, and if they want to go elsewhere, then I certainly don't need them in my life. Huge waste of time which I don't have to waste. Good f'ing riddance!

Peace, bro and great you at least know another person who's waiting on parts from the same vendor... Hope that damn thing shows soon!!

~Andy

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
@Stroker Ace Ventura absolutely. In all honesty, it was nice to have some of the guys come to the barriers and chat with the fans. I found out too late that despite lining up at the barrier an hour before racing that all of the action was happening at the ACTUAL starting line which was probably 50+ feet from where I was and it was jam packed full of people. If I go again next year, I'll be sure to bring a portable chair and get a seat at the starting line first thing in the morning.

As for the rear end, I do have the axles but I haven't seen any of the other parts. I've got more than enough stuff I can work on in the meantime. Sadly, I just feel old and lacking motivation. I feel like my day job gets the best hours in my day. Three days out of the week I go stumble through some time at the gym, do the dinner thing and such and by that point I'm not particularly interested in trying to turn wrenches.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
July 20th, 2021
Received a shipment notification from Quick Performance saying that part or all of my order was shipped...I'm leaning towards "part". I ordered new gaskets for my tail lights because I'm doing the LED thing from @DanyR. Also, I finally got in touch with the performance guy here at my work (transmission-related place) and I'm not sure of the ins and outs of it all but I'm looking to put some of their parts into my car. Hopefully tonight I can work on the alternator issue and put around 15 degrees of initial timing into her...who knows what else I may or may not get done.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 · (Edited)
@Stroker Ace Ventura that would be terrific but I'm not too optimistic. I think this car would be a ton of fun with 4.11's and the small block, screaming around town. muahahahaha. Apparently I need to try to source a TH400 as a core for whatever the performance guy here is going to help me out with. I didn't realize they were as scarce as they are and then there's the confusion I have about there being the Cadillac, Olds, Buick version and then the tail shafts. Does anyone who follows this thread have any insight? I know I have a TH400 in my 77 pickup but that's mated to a transfer case, so I'm fairly confident I don't want one out of a 4x4..

edit-->checked the shipping details and it's 55 lbs. only. I'm guessing it's either brakes or the center section, have to wait and see

261 - 280 of 298 Posts