Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Pageland yesterday to my second PTRA 5.30 index race. Came off the trailer and ran 5.2930. Made some adjustment to the NOS time and went to qualify only to get run off by a hard rain. Waited 2 hrs while the track was dried and was told we would get one qualifying pass then race. Qualifed with a 5.3023 then proceeded to win 5 rounds of racing running 5.30 every pass in either lane. It was an incredible, unforgettable night for me. Best pass was a 5.3002, worst pass was a 5.3089. My reaction times were spotty but the car was so dominant it covered my errors. What a night! RM

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
WOW!
I mean wow!

That getting it done! GREAT JOB!

Must have been a lot of cars!
5 rounds!

AL

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Wow...............Congrat's. I hope I can be that consitant in the 5.80 class. When ever that will be.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It really was a remarkable, almost unbeleivable night. I am fairly confident the haters will be all over the PTRA site talking about me cheating or some crap. I have seen cheaters in dragsters with matte boxes who couldn't do what we did.......LOL......but I was carrying the front wheels 2 feet high for 50 ft so the matte box wouldn't even have worked......LOL. It really was one of those special times I will never forget and probably will never do again.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I will never forget and probably will never do again.
You will do it again!
you have it dialed in and a good track it will happen again.

UNLESS you change the car around! One of the biggest challenges, leave the dam car alone!:yes:

AL

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I hear you have a new name!!!

Win: Joe( DEADON ) Mcoy

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Congrats Joe. You know if you're winning you must be cheating. It's nice to get that label. Means you were winning and making some money. The cheaters that never win, well, no one talks about them. So far this year I lost by a total of .017 in four weekends. I'm not cheatin good enough. Dave

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Dave, who crashed and was air lifted out of Norwalk last night? Is he or she OK and what the heck happened? One of my senior citizen buds who also runs this 5.30 index class won the last race at mooresville so now I got a win we may get the AARP to sponser a race. I saw George yesterday during tech and congratulated him as being an old dog and finding a bone.......he didn't understand what I meant.........damn! LOL. RM

·
Registered
360 Posts
That is truly amazing consistency - especially for a quick 5.30 class. Did you have to compensate for temperature and/or humidity changes during the night? Like you said - some nights you can't do anything wrong. And those nights are just enough to keep us going when nothing goes right.

Congratulations on such a dominating WIN.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
That crash happened on Friday night during their Friday Nite Chaos race. It was a 10.5 tire car that I guess hit the wall pretty hard and they life flighted him out. He was moving his arms and legs, and that's all I know. I guess Fridays are crazy. All heads up classes on the 1/8th except the 10.5 and radial class. That's 1/4. Dave

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is truly amazing consistency - especially for a quick 5.30 class. Did you have to compensate for temperature and/or humidity changes during the night? Like you said - some nights you can't do anything wrong. And those nights are just enough to keep us going when nothing goes right.Congratulations on such a dominating WIN.
I made 2 small time adjustments to the NOS time. The car ran a 5.29 off the trialer and I was turning the juice on at 2.000 seconds. I went to 2.200 sec for 2 rounds then went to 2.300 for the rest of the night. That was all I could do under the circumstances.

Dave, Thanks for the info on the crash. Glad the driver seemed to be not critically injured. Joe

·
Registered
457 Posts
That is AWSOME! 5.30s is fast. Usually a car that fast isnt that consistant. You proved that to be wrong. Congrats.
Tony

·
Registered
35 Posts
Joe ... really enjoyed reviewing the accounts of your car builds on your web site ... very informative ... you do excellent work. You should put a link to your site in your signature so others can enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Nice! I bet you were laid back and cool as ice while you were in that groove. I won a megabucks at Gateway in that groove once, car was deadly. Everything just clicks. Good Job!

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice! I bet you were laid back and cool as ice while you were in that groove. I won a megabucks at Gateway in that groove once, car was deadly. Everything just clicks. Good Job!

I wasn't as cool as I wanted to be. While the car was spot on my lights were not very good or consistant. I have to wear a full face helmet and neck collar plus 2 layer gloves when I race this class. Those unusual things are killing me on the tree. Especially the gloves. I'll be working on my reaction times. I was .025 best and several .060 were the worst, I was just lucky to be good when I needed to be and lucky when it mattered but the car was a hugh part of that running spot on like it was. RM

1 - 20 of 23 Posts