Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i fogot to tell you all i ordered a hood from u.s body and they have a deal right now .. the racers special is $299 well i was happy with that but when i went to check out it said take a add $100 off so i got the hood for $199 plus shipping .. crazy deal i called them up to make sure and the guy said wow it cost more then that to make them .. so they either messed up on line or just made it cheaper .. so i asked him if it would change and he said not anymore because i already placed the order .... so go get them :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thats the hood I got on my car, I have been trying to tell people about the deal. But everyone gets those crappy unlimited product hoods.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you like it i cant wait . what a great deal . i had some stuff from up and it was ****ty and i have heard good things about u.s body post a pic if you have one thank you

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I priced my hood from these guys in March. I wanted a 2" bolt on. The cost was
$539. after rebate, shipping was $105 plus $45. home delivery fee.
I decided right or wrong with the unlimited hood. Total cost for hood and lighter tension springs and shipping insurance was $412. Shipping was $80.
I spent about 2 hours on the bottom of the hood getting it smooth and prepped to coat. It will not be show quality but I think it will look nice. I am however very pleased with the fit especially up front along the grille. The latch works perfect.
Sounds like you guys got a great deal. Please post some pics when you get it. I like the look of a cowl hood on these cars.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I got a 2 1/2 cowl hood from unlimited products. It's the worst fiberglass hood I have ever seen. I got it and there was some what I'll call pits in the fiberglass of the hood and the far left and right body line's pretty much fade away into the back of the hood. Well I was gong to just leave it and fix it when I get into body work. Well today I mounted the hood on the Car. Go to close it and it hits the left fender. Well I start to measuring it and the whole thing is molded a 1/2 inch to the leftov the hood hinges. I'm going to call them up and return this piece of junk.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
up stuff is good sometimes and bad most of the time .. in the past i got alot of things there and it takes like 3 months to get some parts . so i hope us body is better i called them and they said my hood should be here in 2 weeks i will let everyone know how it fits

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have been trying for a week to get ahold of somebody at us body to get a shipping quote, but no luck. I've sent numerous emails and called multiple times during "customer service hours" but only get a recording :rolleyes:. This is getting really old, does anybody know another way to contact them?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
same thing to me call around 9am to 10 am took me 2 weeks but now i have called like 2 times and there are people there . let them know the CS sucks i did it cost me around $100 to ship to maine . i placed my order online first then i called about shipping . i fig if it was to much i would cancel the order .. they don't take your money out until a week before they ship . so mines been in there for a month . let me know how things go

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well, I finally got ahold of them. I told them that i have been trying to contact them for a week now and his response was "well, whatever, we are here now". I told him that their customer service sucked and he freakin hung up on me! I called back and asked for a supervisor or manager and he said "we don't need your buisness" and hung up again! I will NEVER buy from US Body Source, thats for sure. :mad:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, I finally got ahold of them. I told them that i have been trying to contact them for a week now and his response was "well, whatever, we are here now". I told him that their customer service sucked and he freakin hung up on me! I called back and asked for a supervisor or manager and he said "we don't need your buisness" and hung up again! I will NEVER buy from US Body Source, thats for sure. :mad:
Had similar problem with them. Awful customer service. Will never buy from.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Their stuff is not bad for the price. Just gotta spend a little extra time on the body work. I can tell you that their cheaper hoods seem to need a little more work. It's all about the budget!:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts