Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the classic story of the car that was driven to church on Sunday. It's a 1974 4-door Custom with under 28k miles. It has a 350 Auto with Air. I barely got it home and the radiator sprung a leak. The radiator was shot and the interior needs some TLC. There are tiny rust specs all over the hood and trunk. There is no rust through and about 2 quarter sized rust bubbles on the rear quarters. The car spent its entire life outdoors in Harlowton, Montana. Anyway, I look forward to the collective wisdom of this site and community.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Nice find!

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome to the site, what an awesome find! I am relatively new myself, this is a great group of Nova owners who are very helpful and responsive, you will love it! I'm going to throw in my 2 cents before you get all the suggestions to put a big block in it, tub it, or cut it up for parts :devil: (we 4-door owners have to develop thick skins by the way!)

Check out my version of a 4-door Nova (a big work in progress, but I'm getting there), then check out the results of my amazing, high tech photo shop "program" that I did on your car (a pair of scissors and some white out!) - this may not be your thing, but it would be great to see some Novas in the custom style - food for thought!!!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the nice comments and that is some awesome photo-shopping.

Well, the sitting car had a rotted radiator, and it turns out this model has an odd 23" radiator so I just picked it up today after a week on order. Ouch - $250 but at least it's new and shouldn't have to be messed with again.

I'm probably going to run the car around for a while. I'm saddened by the fact that the paint has stains and doesn't seem like it will clean up very good. I put a buffer to it with rubbing compound and couldn't lift some sap stains, so I guess those go all the way through the paint.

There are some sweet "more-doors" on this site, but I don't think I want to do the body work. I'm probably going to let it go if I can get $3k for it. If not, no big deal. It's a really nice tight car with a fairly economical, yet still powerful 2-bbl 350.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My first nova(still own her) was the exact same. 36k 350/350 factory air. Repainted it and recovered the seats and haven't done anything else but drive it!! Congrats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts