Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After breakfast this morning we talked about getting the I.E. Novas together at Red Robin parking lot on Daycreek and Foothill. We should probably leave there a little after 1 o'clock so we can be at John Force by 2pm. General public is allowed in at 3pm. Being we are the sponsor car club we should be there by 2pm to get our cars parked and get set up with shade etc.. If you have walkie talkies bring em. We should have at least one in front of the group and one in the caboose!:D We could meet at Red Robin like around 12:45pm? Sound like a plan?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
sound like a good plan but its sorrta back tracking for me as i live in the middle i could catch the train coming down the 15 at limonite or the new exit before limonite if thats the way you guys are going shoot i dont even know if im going still but i will keep you posted :yes:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Wade,

What are you planning on doing? Brent and Debbie (burnt orange wagon) from Highland, want to drive down with us.
Lyndon
I was thinking of heading down the 215 meet up with you. Take the 60 west meet up with Jim (chevyIIheavy) if he is coming. Then meet up with Al's group as they pass the 60 on the 15. We can wait for them on the first off/on ramp on the 15 just south of the 60.
Is Brent on the site? if so have him send me a pm and we will meet up around here then head down toward you. Or give him my cell # and have him call me.

Al I will get with you and see about what time you think you will be passing the 60. We will meet up with you there.
I have some walkie talkies but not sure if the ch's are the same.

I like to get there a little early so I can park my Firebird next to the Nova parking. Or I can send someone ahead of me to hold the spot for me.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
sounds good to me looks like i will be making it after all i will meet you there wade thats the new off/on ramp on the 15 south right i think the off ramps name is galleno or something like that :yes:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
sounds good to me looks like i will be making it after all i will meet you there wade thats the new off/on ramp on the 15 south right i think the off ramps name is galleno or something like that :yes:
I was thinking we could meet you on the 60 by your place. What off ramp are you close to on the 60?

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Al I will get with you and see about what time you think you will be passing the 60. We will meet up with you there.
I have some walkie talkies but not sure if the ch's are the same.

I like to get there a little early so I can park my Firebird next to the Nova parking. Or I can send someone ahead of me to hold the spot for me.
Wade,
If we leave at 1pm sharp we will prolly be passing the 60 about 1:15ish. What I'll do is call you on your cell phone when we leave Red Robin. We usually use channel 14 but I've been finding out that channel 6 is stronger. We will keep the speed around 60 and just take it easy going down there.
P.S. We are going to get there a good hour before the general crowd is let in so no worries parking the bird!

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Al, are you guys going to stay on the 15 or get on the 60 to the 71 and bypass all the 91 traffic.
No, we were planning on taking the 15 down to the 91. Shouldnt be too much traffic at that time do you think?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I was thinking we could meet you on the 60 by your place. What off ramp are you close to on the 60?
actually all of them from the 215 to the 15 im really close to valley way but its kinda pact when you exit i was thinking i would meet at the exit /on ramp on the 15 that we had mentioned or i could hang out on an over pass and wait till you guys go by :yes: ( pedley ) would be the best one cause i would see you comin down the freeway hopefully but its cool if you want to meet before this too i dont care

·
Registered
807 Posts
No, we were planning on taking the 15 down to the 91. Shouldnt be too much traffic at that time do you think?
Al, the traffic on the 91 from the 15 to the 71 really sucks....:eek:

The best way would be 60 to the 71 and than the 91 for the last few miles..:yes: The traffic gets go bad, I would hate to see any overheating.:D

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Al, the traffic on the 91 from the 15 to the 71 really sucks....:eek:

The best way would be 60 to the 71 and than the 91 for the last few miles..:yes: The traffic gets go bad, I would hate to see any overheating.:D
Ok, Charlie, thats what we'll do.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Should we meet at the animal hospital again? Seems like an easy spot. If so, what time?
Lyndon
Yes that sounds good
If we want to meet up with Al around 1 we should meet up around 12:30.

Jim
We can get off then back on at Pedley and meet you there around 12:40. Send me your cell # in a pm and I will call you when we meet up with Lyndon.

Al
If your going out the 60 to the 71, then we will meet up with you on the first off/on ramp on the 60 just west of the 15. Should be about the same time. Give me a call on my cell when you get on the 60. Then we will get on and go slow till you catch up.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts