Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 75 Nova and realized that it's missing the piece of wiper linkage that connects the motor to the main rail. I've looked EVERYWHERE for this part but am not having any luck. If anyone here knows where to find this part or would be willing to sell it to me I would be forever grateful! Additionally, if anyone knows if there are other vehicles that use the same linkage it would go a long way towards helping me find it. Thank you in advance! I live in the Pacific Northwest and wipers are a must year round.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
75-79 Buick Apollo, Olds Omega, Pontiac Ventura and possibly Cadillac SeVille which are all X body platform vehicles would be the most likely direct fit candidates.

Next possible donors would be the 75-81 F bodies which might also share the wiper transmission linkage.

I have a 74 Cutlas/A body parts car and can take a look at it. Some parts didn’t change much for many years. An example is the high beam floor switch. The 74 Cutlas had the same switch as my 63/64 Nova.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, unfortunately that's a piece that goes on the main rail. The piece I need attaches from that nipple to the motor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
75-79 Buick Apollo, Olds Omega, Pontiac Ventura and possibly Cadillac SeVille which are all X body platform vehicles would be the most likely direct fit candidates.

Next possible donors would be the 75-81 F bodies which might also share the wiper transmission linkage.

I have a 74 Cutlas/A body parts car and can take a look at it. Some parts didn’t change much for many years. An example is the high beam floor switch. The 74 Cutlas had the same switch as my 63/64 Nova.

It would be great if some of the other x body models had the same piece. One of the issues I'm running into is that I don't have the dimensions to the part, I just have to guess by looking at where it connects on both ends. If you have a chance, could you send me a picture of the linkage? The piece that connects to the wiper motor has a square hole which looks much different than any other connection that I've seen online. Thanks again!

·
6,439 Posts
No, unfortunately that's a piece that goes on the main rail. The piece I need attaches from that nipple to the motor
Ok, I'm confused (which can be easy sometimes) but you say you are looking for the piece that attaches from that nipple I showed to the motor ?. The bracket I showed is in a picture below and that arm I showed bolts to the motor and then the next part is an arm or shaft that clamps onto that ball end of this arm off of the motor and then goes to the one wiper shaft cowl pivot for the right wiper blade/arm. There is then another arm or shaft that then goes over to the left wiper shaft cowl pivot which then connects to the left wiper blade/arm. The picture below is reversed from how it is in my 68.

Here is the arm bolted to the motor on my 68 and then the arm or shaft clamped onto the ball end going over to the right wiper cowl pivot:

It's been a while since I've had wiper linkage out of the car but I wonder how the arms attach to the cowl pivots and if it's anything like the ball ends on the motors arm ?

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

It would be great if some of the other x body models had the same piece. One of the issues I'm running into is that I don't have the dimensions to the part, I just have to guess by looking at where it connects on both ends. If you have a chance, could you send me a picture of the linkage? The piece that connects to the wiper motor has a square hole which looks much different than any other connection that I've seen online. Thanks again
Ok, I'm confused (which can be easy sometimes) but you say you are looking for the piece that attaches from that nipple I showed to the motor ?. The bracket I showed is in a picture below and that arm I showed bolts to the motor and then the next part is an arm or shaft that clamps onto that ball end of this arm off of the motor and then goes to the one wiper shaft cowl pivot for the right wiper blade/arm. There is then another arm or shaft that then goes over to the left wiper shaft cowl pivot which then connects to the left wiper blade/arm. The picture below is reversed from how it is in my 68.

Here is the arm bolted to the motor on my 68 and then the arm or shaft clamped onto the ball end going over to the right wiper cowl pivot:

It's been a while since I've had wiper linkage out of the car but I wonder how the arms attach to the cowl pivots and if it's anything like the ball ends on the motors arm ?

Jim
You are right! Because I've never actually seen the parts I thought it was one piece. It looks like I need that piece to go on the motor and the piece that connects both nipples. This makes so much more sense now, thank you! Looking online I think I may be able to get an adjustable/universal arm that can connect both nipples.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright guys, thank you so much for your help! I managed to get all the pieces I need to get my wipers up and running. You guys are the best, I am forever grateful for the knowledge and help that I received here. I'm 100% positive that I will be back again in a couple of weeks for some new issue. 😆

1 - 10 of 10 Posts