Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was simply gonna install my engine in stock form and look stock. BUT I have a friend that had a brand new Z06 cam in package and a few other parts. Well I now own these pieces. I hope to make it a stout lil 6.0. Also drastically changed color as well. Was black but now a nice bright orange. A lil old school look. Whatcha ya think?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I like to see the old school mix myself. You gonna brighten up the heads? I like it.:yes:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. What can I use to brighten them? I cleaned with brake clean and they are clean just not bright.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Thanks guys. What can I use to brighten them? I cleaned with brake clean and they are clean just not bright.
Didn't know if you were gonna have work done to them and possibly bead blast or paint them. Just curious, seen some I think on here that got painted. Either way I like it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Looks good to me but im with everyone else on the heads. I havr painted my aluminum heads and they dont look bad to me

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't know if you were gonna have work done to them and possibly bead blast or paint them. Just curious, seen some I think on here that got painted. Either way I like it.
Well they are not bolted on. I still have to get new springs and get the put on. Me personally I love the look of the bare aluminum, just want it brighter.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i did a little work to my 5.3 today, i used a brass wire wheel on the casting and it cleaned up the rough part of the head real nice, :yes:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did a little work to my 5.3 today, i used a brass wire wheel on the casting and it cleaned up the rough part of the head real nice, :yes:
I used a brass brush too. Maybe I look into some aluminum wheel cleaner this weekend.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The engine looks GOOOOD :yes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts