Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67' and I'm getting ready to swap out the drive train for a LS and T56. I'm running manual brakes and will be adding a hydraulic clutch. I've seen the McLeod kit and the DSE mounting plate. Any experience with either of these or other recommendations? I did some searching but with the photo bucket loss of photos I didn't come across anything to reviling?

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Lots of these conversion on the WWW site.

My LS1-T56 i am using the stock F body hydraulics if done now i would use a TICK setup.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Here is a good video on bleeding the system once installed.
Snolan, BEAUTIFUL car BTW.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you to everyone for the responses. I liked the idea of the DSE plate but it looks like i would have to move the wiring block where it comes through the firewall. Not that that would be too hard. Then I was leaning towards the Mcleod kit. When I google it ,too much research, it has some negative nelly reviews. I think they were installation alignment issues. So then I start to think I can buy the universal early f-body style sandwich plate and use the Tick performance MC. As usual I'm overthinking stuff. I need to remember "keep it simple, stupid".
Again thank you for the pictures.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The McLeod kit installed without any alignment problems using the stock brake/clutch pedal assembly. I eliminated the factory wiring bulkhead through the firewall and moved the fuse box to the left.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used the mcclod kit and I run manual brakes. Went in without any issue and has held up for the last two years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts