Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Might have improved

but back in the 80's everyone hated them, weird pedal, and if you had to stomp on the brakes, was a delayed feeling,

Vac brakes work great, why ya wanna change?

S

·
Registered
126 Posts
I haven't tried them, but I have read about them in Super Chevy. They have had an ongoing car shootout for the suspension companies. The CPP Nova has the hydro boost system, and the drivers said there was no modulation to the pedal. They said that they would lock up to easily. They seem to like the vacuum brakes better on the autocross track. I was thinking of trying them so I don't have to worry about vacuum, or shortage of, from a cam or whatever. There are also electric operated brake boosters. I have also looked into the vacuum canisters that catch vacuum and build it up for the vacuum operated systems, but I haven't found anyone that has tried it.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Trying to remember

have had some pretty stiff cams, and no issues, but its like anything else, its what you want, and whats gonna make you feel good. I went 6 months, ( hardly driving ) before i got off my lazy butt and fixed my PB Vac Booster, now its so touchy I have to get used to it again.

NOW I just need PS I HATE manual steering lol

S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts