Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I am getting ready to order a line lock.I would like the T handle control but do not know what to do with the wire. The shifter is a Promatic2.Could somebody please share a clever idea to hide the wire or is there a hollow shift lever available?

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Usually you plastic tie it to the shifter handle with enough slack to move when you shift. Or, you could get the handle without the wire and put a button on the steering wheel.
dave

·
Registered
212 Posts
Cable ties are great and do a very good job, but depending on what you're going for on the "look" of your interior, there may a slightly better looking option.

You can do two other things, both with shrink tubing.

You can do a full length sleeve over the shift shaft and after you have the handle installed, slide the wiring down the shrink wrap sleeve and then heat gun it tight. This will give you a smooth look and you will not have the nasty cable tie sharp ends when wiping down the interior.

Or you can just cut shrink wrap ties. Cut the shrink wrap into 1/4" long bands and place several down the shifter in the same locations you would normally use the cable ties. When you have the wire nice and straight, heat gun each band tight. You get the same thing as the cable ties without the cable tie lock and sharp ends.

Either of the three will give you function and get the job done, just depends on the look you want.

On a side note, I had an electric overdrive trans in a streetrod and used the B&M handle with the switch to control the electric O/D. I did have to change out the switch though as the original is a momentary only and I needed a switched on/off hold switch. It worked out pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts