Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to installing a hurst pistol grip in my 71 Pontiac Ventura it has a turbo 350 tranny. Just looking for any advice before I start I've never installed a floor shifter before but doesn't look to hard anything I need to know or pictures to see would be nice.. Thanks

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
make sure the cable doesn't get kinked, that any bend is a sweeping bend. also make sure that the angle of the cable as it passes from the shifter through the floor is relaxed. generally due to the angle of the cable it will require an oblong/oval hole. not a round one...

prior to connecting the cable ends, make sure the cable moves smoothly through the casing, then connect one end at a time confirming no hang-ups/binding occurs.

95% of everything you'll be doing on installation will be confirming the cable doesn't get kinked in any way. the shifter & trans need to work smoothly.

make sure the cable is OK and you're basically done. everything else is all pretty much straight forward, just follow the installation instructions...

oh and make real sure the outer covering of the cable is placed AWAY from direct heat. you don't want it touching the exhaust pipes... or it'll melt the outer casing and will ruin the cable...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts