Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HunterXero - 1973 Nova Custom Coupe

Pictures:

How she was when I purchased her back in 2002

Diggin that view.

current day Awesomeness.

Nova Custom

350 Smallblock bored 60 over.

Body/Exterior: good condition, Blue, needs some touchups.

Front End: Stock?

Transmission: TH350 Trans.

Rear End: stock Peg-leg

Exhaust: Patriot Headers, 3" pipe, X cross pipe, dual 40-series Flowmasters.

Wheels/Tires: Original Cragar SS w/ nockoffs. 15X7 (can't remember my tires)

Interior: in progress

Electrical: New Battery, Aftermarket Panasonic Stereo. otherwise original

Accessories/Options: Bone Stock, NO AC, NO Power Steering, NO power Brakes, Nothing.

Sound system: Panasonic headunit, and dual Panasonic 6x9's on the rear deck.

Additional Comments: This Is my Baby, She was my first car, and I will never get rid of her. Originally Silver w/ a 250 ci L6 Engine, and a 2spd powerglide, I took some courses at a Local Community College and built my Current Smallblock 350 ci engine. also upgraded to a TH350 transmission. other than that modification, the paint, + tires and rims. The car is All original. No body panels replaced, all original glass. heck I even have the original spare tire in the trunk. I love my car ^_^

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Nice car there Hunter. 1973...a good year, graduation from high school...dang that's a long time. Nice looking paint too, what color did you use? Oh...if that is the original spare I wouldn't stray too far from home with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nice car there Hunter. 1973...a good year, graduation from high school...dang that's a long time. Nice looking paint too, what color did you use? Oh...if that is the original spare I wouldn't stray too far from home with it.
I'm not too entirely sure of the color, but from what I remember from the paintshop, it was Metalic Indigo blue. From Day1 Paint and body in Los Angeles California.

As for the spare, it really wouldn't matter lol, my tires in the front are smaller than the ones in the back, so either way i'd be kind of stuck lol.

I actually graduated in 2005, but the car was puchased by my parents for me as my first car. Figuring if anything happened, it would protect me like a tank hahaha. Luckily no such protection has ever been necessary, I drive this thing like a baby, there are too many idiots on the road here in southern california to risk otherwise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have a question tho

I need help finding interior parts for my nova that don't look and feel like cheap ABS plastic... you know what i'm talking about, those repo's that add "modern Functionality" such as the round gauges, and the kick panels that house speakers. I'm looking for stuff that's a tad bit more true to the year of my car... does anybody have any ideas?

Reason being, when I got it my car's interior was perfect... then I had a new headliner installed... and unknown to me, my car started leaking pretty badly because they had not re-sealed the rear window with a new seal... they re-used the factory seal. One year we had a REALLY bad storm, and the floorpan of my car was basically a pool... and everything was basically destroyed from water damage. so as it stands.. I have not interior, just seats which need to be re apholstered... :(

Any Ideas and or thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts