Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on Facebook, and someone was posting that factory code 65 Huggar Orange on 1970 Novas was really rare. I've always known my 70 was factory huggar orange, but I guess I've never thought it was rare. Does anyone have stats on this by chance?

·
13,693 Posts
When the 1970 Nova hit the showrooms in September, 1969, Hugger Orange was not an available color. It was introduced early in 1970, along with Citrus Green and Sunflower Yellow, as a special Spring offering for the Nova. Because of the late arrival of the color, you don't see a lot of Hugger Orange 70 Novas, but I wouldn't call it extremely rare.

Bob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When the 1970 Nova hit the showrooms in September, 1969, Hugger Orange was not an available color. It was introduced early in 1970, along with Citrus Green and Sunflower Yellow, as a special Spring offering for the Nova. Because of the late arrival of the color, you don't see a lot of Hugger Orange 70 Novas, but I wouldn't call it extremely rare.

Bob
Thanks for the reply and information Bob. I hate really attaching the "RARE" tag to anything really. I've scoured some other sites and if a car was a 1970 Nova with a 65 paint code they kind of freak out about it and call it "RARE". I was told by someone else that Those colors you mentioned were special order colors, which cost extra of course. Most dealerships for the most part stayed away from bright vivid colors fearing not being able to sell them as quick. I'm guessing I'll call it an uncommon color, how about that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts