Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 250 AND IT HAS THE INTEGRAL HEAD. I FOUND A 194. WILL THAT HEAD WORK ON MY 250. I DO KNOW IT WILL INCREASE THE COMPRESSION RATIO BUT BY HOW MUCH AND COULD I HAVE IT MILLED OUT TO BE JUST A LIL BIT MORE. ALSO I AM TRYING TO TURBO IT. WILL ANYONE HELP ME? THANKS ANYTHING WILL HELP.:confused:

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
not an expert on the L6.. but my thinking it should be a bolt on... as for compression... CC the chambers your self.. and use one of the many on line compression calculators...

you may be surprised at the out come...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not an expert on the L6.. but my thinking it should be a bolt on... as for compression... CC the chambers your self.. and use one of the many on line compression calculators...

you may be surprised at the out come...

how would i machine the chambers myself?? maybe grind them out??

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Im not sure putting a 250 head on a 194 would increase the compression ratio, but it would add flow?
Alot of people put 194 heads on 250's to increase compression, or put a 292 head on a 250 to increase the flow... i may be wrong though.
You can buy an exhast manifold that hooks up to a turbo through e-bay, but they are kinda expensive.
But i'd drop the integrated head, for a pre 75 head, rockauto sells them, i bought one and am really happy with it.
But i've seen some results on turbo'd 6's and it didnt really seem like it produced any better numbers than a well put together inline N/A...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts