Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car has been in storage for a few years while I've been in Germany but I'll be back in the states in about 6 months. Ever since I got the car painted something has been bothering me. Can anyone help me figure it out. Below is the rendering Jason @ Rushforth wheels designed for me and the finish product. Where did the stripes go wrong, something looks off too me.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Maybe it's just me but it appears in the picture the stripes towards the front of the hood are more angled to the natural curve of the hood where on the actual car it appears straight not as much curve. Also the pinstripe in the picture appears orange as the cars appears red. Could very well be the picture... Either way I think it looks great and can't wait to see some more pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
well, you have two different renditions as i see it... one the stripes end before the front of the hood drops off, the second the stripes come down closer to bottom, curving down the hood... your paint job looks like the stripes are more squared off instead of following the tapered, arrow shape of the curvature of the front end...

is it a happy medium of the two renditions? maybe, but not if it's bugging you...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, you have two different renditions as i see it... one the stripes end before the front of the hood drops off, the second the stripes come down closer to bottom, curving down the hood... your paint job looks like the stripes are more squared off instead of following the tapered, arrow shape of the curvature of the front end...

is it a happy medium of the two renditions? maybe, but not if it's bugging you...
The first redering is what I painted the car after and that is the rendering it's suppose to be like and for some reason I'm not to fond of the way the stripes came out on the car. I love the concepts but IMO the orange pinstripe needs to be thinner, and the strips that are on the car don't flow with the body? Am I off or is that the problem, the front of the stripes?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
personally i don't SEE a problem... this is YOUR eye that's bothered i guess.

i think it looks great but we're all very weird when it comes to our own cars... picky picky picky, right? :yes:

if it bothers you then think about what WILL please you and go for it... but i see nothing technically "wrong" with your car...

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
maybe if the corners of the stripes were a teeny bit more radiused instead of squarish would be a closer match from actual to rendition.

in the image it appears the stripes follow the hood so that may be an optical illusion of them appearing straight across the bottom... are they slightly tapered/arrow front or are they squared?

MY EYES say everything looks fine, if you want me to get nit-picky... that's what i'm doing but really... looks great to me... BUT if exactness of rendition to actual paint, yeah some very minor differences...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Rendering looks angled off and car looks squared off. I agree that it looks better in the rendering but is nice the way it is too. Nice ride

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Looking at the drawing I DO NOT see black pin stripes around the black stripes like what I see on the car.

The two pin stripes being two different colors, separated by white, just does not look right to me. But that is me.

Did you want the BLACK pin stripes around the center black stripes?

Bryan

·
Registered
235 Posts
no black pin striping in the rendering. Rendering corners look like a bigger radius, and the front angle is too square.

Those three things (like most mentioned above) are what grab my eye right off the bat.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats what I figured it was all about the corners and angles of the front of the striping. I love the concept of the stripes but I think I'm going to redo the stripes when I get back from Germany and figure this out, so it stops bugging me...lol onto of my full suspension work.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
It looks great to me!! But you have to be the one that really loves it!! Nice project you have going there. The green is awesome!!

:ragtop:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Looking at the drawing I DO NOT see black pin stripes around the black stripes like what I see on the car.

The two pin stripes being two different colors, separated by white, just does not look right to me. But that is me.

Did you want the BLACK pin stripes around the center black stripes?

Bryan
thats what I saw to. Two different pinstripes and it just doesnt look right to me. Other then that the car looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
stripes

Too many colors, get rid of the white.. it is killing the whole effect... stripes should go down to the edge of the front of the hood..IMO... great body color...

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I LIKE IT! :yes: NO MORE FOR ME TO SAY ABOUT IT! :rolleyes:*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts