Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace the dry and cracking weatherstripping around my wing window prior to paint. What all is involved in removing the entire wing window assembly
?

·
Registered
929 Posts
remove arm rest, door panel, wing assembly-two screws on the top front edge, nut at the bottom, i think you can leave the window in for this, Window up remove nut at bottom of window track, push stud out, roll window down, remove wing screws, then push down then pull out and turn it for stud to clear gap.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Screws & nuts

That's about all. There are 2 screws on the door frame near where the frame arcs across the top of the wing window. There's also a nut on the inner door skin down low that you can find by following the back frame/window track down the inside of the door and along the front of the door window. Once you have those removed slide the top of the wing frame back and take the door glass out of the door by taking the rear guide and traveler from the regulator (crank) assembly. Once the door glass is out, you can snake the wing assembly out of the door.
When you replace the weatherstripping, you are going to need to drill out the rivets that hold the wing window upper hinge to the frame. I reinstalled it with pop rivets. Use a good fitting screwdriver on the screws, you don't want to have to drill them our if you can help it. Good luck. Let us see some pix of your project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts