Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have developed a short that is draining my battery and I think it is in the headlight switch. I say that because I cannot get my interior lights to shut off. They will turn off briefly when I jiggle the switch but come back on after a few seconds. The car sat for a couple of weeks and that was enough to kill the battery.

What I am looking for is advice on the best way to remove the light switch. How is it attached on the other side of the dash? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I don't know if there's any difference with a 1st and 2nd gen headlight switch, but I just installed a headlight switch on a '65 using the AAW kit.

Remove the knob, or underneath the headlight switch there should be a spring loaded button/pin; press that in and the rod/knob assembly should slide out; then unscrew the retainer and it should slide out the back.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
All the same,some times the little button can be a PIA.Be patient and it will come apart.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perfect, exactly what I was looking for! This is another reason SNS is such a great site! :yes::thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts