Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a couple of nice doors for my 69,how do i remove the chrome from the upper part of the door, without damaging them?All info appreciated, or does someone have good rear chrome trim for the rear side windows?

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
No problem. It may take some experimenting with different styles of bottle opener. I used a 1 piece aluminum or alloy job, kinda along the lines of these...

Its been a long time since I did this but It did work and the trim was undamaged.

Best I can remember the curved section is the trickiest. Tape up the part of the opener that will be contacting the outside of the trim piece real good.

Andy

·
Registered
871 Posts
I used the old old type can opener, the one with a point on one side and round or flat on the other end. Use the flat end and that little tab to grab the trim. It works perfect and walks it off the door post. I placed a paint stick on the face of the trim and from the bottom with that little tab slowly walk the trim off prying against the paint stick. I may have to install a piece on a door post and take a video on how to remove the trim. Maybe a moderator can make a sticky out of it.

Jason

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

I used the old old type can opener, the one with a point on one side and round or flat on the other end. Use the flat end and that little tab to grab the trim. It works perfect and walks it off the door post. I placed a paint stick on the face of the trim and from the bottom with that little tab slowly walk the trim off prying against the paint stick. I may have to install a piece on a door post and take a video on how to remove the trim. Maybe a moderator can make a sticky out of it.

Jason
Thanks Jason

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking at the door frame trim. Worked it up to the curve so far. Looks like the vent window hinge is up against the underside crimp of trim piece. Will trim come out without removing the vent window assembly?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts